What We Believe
You are made in the image of God
We are people who are made in the image of God, transformed by the blood of Christ to be his grace-filled hands and feet on our community.
We do this through Connecting to God and Others, Growing to be like Christ, Serving in our Communing and Sharing our Hope in Christ.
Our Core Beliefs
We don’t have all the answers, but we are seeking to work out our own salvation (Philippians 2:12-13) as we navigate the world as God’s family. We do have several core beliefs that are non-negotiable as we put into practice God’s will for our church family.
- We believe in God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are distinct and equal reflections of each other. (Matthew 2:16-17)
- We believe Jesus Christ will return to take God’s children to be with him forever. (1 Thess 4:23-18)
- We believe the Bible is God’s inspired word. It is a lamp for our feet and a light for our path. (2nd Timothy 3:16, Ps. 119:10)
- We believe every person is made in the image of God, but all have sinned and fall short of who we were created to be. (Romans 3:23)
- We believe Jesus offers forgiveness of sins and gives everyone the opportunity to have enteral life with him. (Romans 6:23)
- We believe the way to salvation in Christ is through confession, repentance, faith, baptism, and an active relationship with Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:28)
- We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ and his position as God’s only Son. (Hebrews 10:12)
- We believe Jesus instituted the Church as a means to be the Body of Christ in our world until he returns. (1st Cor. 12:12-14)